Thursday, August 7, 2008

All dried up

I tried to nurse Handsome the past couple nights. He latches on after I suggest, but he doesn't stay long. I don't think he gets any actual milk from me. He doesn't want it. A week or so ago after he let go I checked to see if I could get any milk out and I did. It was there. He just didn't want it.

Around midnight last night he started crying in his crib. He hasn't woken up in the middle of the night since he was around 12 months old. I haven't had to try to get him back to sleep without being able to just nurse him to sleep. Luckily he put himself back to sleep pretty quickly. I'm not sure what I would have done if I had to go into his room.

And from what I hear this is National Breastfeeding Week. What are the odds? The week that I really think we're done is the week that the world is celebrating breastfeeding. I'm celebrating with you - I promise. I think breastfeeding is beautiful. I'm just bitter because my journey didn't last as long as I had anticipated.

And sorry for my bitter week. AF started after 21 days. Seriously. I can't get a break.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

(((HUGS))) I remember being really disappointed and sad when I was done bfing #2 b/c it didn't go the way I planned. Sorry about af!