Friday, August 22, 2008

One wife stolen, A different wife returned

So for those following the drama unfolding with DHs family, here's the most recent update.

Another wrinkle in the story is that the guy stealing DHs sister is DH's, brother's, brother in law. Did you follow? DH's younger brother - around let's say 22 years old - just got married about six months ago. He married a girl from a nearby village. The elders arranged it and they brought the girl to live with DH's family and marry DH's brother. She's the one that I previously discussed tho allegedly dropped out of school. Remember? OK, well her direct brother is the one kidnapping DH's sister. So basically if they did get married it would be a brother and sister married to another family's brother and sister. This is not typically done, but does happen.

I should give names to them huh? OK, let's call DH's brother, Brother2, and his wife is Brother2Wife. Brother2Wife's brother is Prick1. DH's sister who was taken is Sister4.

So, as I posted earlier, Prick1 kidnapped Sister4 again today. Brother2 is angry just like DH is angry. Brother2 decided that it was his fault because he had married Brother2Wife. He felt like Prick1 wouldn't have even known Sister4 existed if he hadn't married Brother2Wife. So, today, in an effort to get Prick1 to let Sister4 come home, he told the elders to take Brother2Wife, his wife, back to her family. So they took her today. After six months of marriage, Brother2 gave up his wife in order to potentially clear the way for Sister4 to come home. He also stated that he didn't want to be married to such a troublesome family.

I don't really know what to think about this whole situation. I'm glad he is trying to do something to help, and I know it will be less trouble for the family if they never have to deal with that family again, but he's been married to her for six months. They seemed to like each other. And she didn't really get a say in this. Her brother ruined her marriage. For my part, I'm just praying she isn't pregnant. Maybe it was never consummated. Who knows.

The whole thing is like a soap opera. I'd rather leave the soap operas on TV and have a calmer life.

1 comment:

Brandy said...

Aw, honey, I agree the soap operas are better left on tv. I am praying that dh's family gets some relief from this situation soon. I agree, I sure hope, Brother2Wife isn't pregnant. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Love ya, hun.