Saturday, August 9, 2008

15 Months Old

Today Handsome is 15 months old. I can't believe how fast time flies after having a child.

He seems to be growing like he's making up for lost time. I bought a bunch of 12 month sleepers a few months ago and they were big on him. I thought they would last for a long time, but last night I could hardly get his arms in one of them. Hopefully the doctor will confirm he's finally back on the growth chart instead of way below 0%.

Handsome turning 15 months also marks an entire year that I've been back to work. It's been a year that I've had to leave my son and sit at my desk 40 hours a week. That part has not gone quickly. It felt like a year after the first day was over. I love every minute with my son and dread every minute apart.

This morning Handsome found the corner where the satellite cable comes in. He went over to play with it and I told him no. He quickly took his hand off and then looked back at me smiling. He tried again with the same result. Then he sat down facing me and playing with a nearby toy. When he thought I wasn't looking he started reaching his hand to his side and behind. I told him no before he got there and he again quickly took his hand away and was very surprised that I had caught him. He had been watching my face to see if I was looking at him. Of course I now have the eyes on the back and side of my head as mothers come complete with at the birth of their child. Of course he has to try again and as I see the arm going up to his side I tell him no (Really it's a sound more like "eh!") and of course now he thinks this is hilarious and intriguing. He tried a couple more times until he got bored of the game and found something else to do.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Happy 15 Months! Time does fly by!