Thursday, August 28, 2008

No girls

DH told me last night he hopes he never gets a daughter. I have to admit I stopped breathing for a minute. No girls?? I want at least one little girl. He sounded pretty serious when he said it too. It came completely out of the blue as we were watching the Democratic National Convention after Handsome had gone to bed.

I asked him what he had said to make sure I actually heard him right. "Why?" He said it's because if he has a girl he will always be worried. He will worry about her being hurt by men. He doesn't want to have to worry about some man abusing her physically or emotionally. He doesn't want to think that someone would hurt his little girl. He said there are too many bad men out there.

Did I mention I love my DH?

1 comment:

Amy Anderson said...

That man has such a kind heart.