Tuesday, August 26, 2008

15 Month Baby Stats

Handsome went to the doctor for his 15 month check up. These are his stats:

23.12 lbs - 45%
29.5 in - 7%
19.25 in - 90%

You know what those numbers mean? It means he's back on the charts again! Grow, Handsome, grow!

He did really well at the doctor's office. He ran around the waiting room and flirted with everyone there. He even smiled at the nurse and initially at the doctor. When we put him on the scale the nurse gave him one of those tongue sticks with a sticker on the top and it kept him occupied enough so that he didn't cry on the scale. That was the first time he didn't cry.

The Dr. said that overall he was doing well. She said he is doing well with understanding what we say, but delayed in speech. I knew he was going to be delayed speaking, and thought he would be delayed with understanding as well. She also said he was independent. Yes, definitely independent.

I let him get the chickenpox vaccine, but did not get the MMR. She told me all the horrible things that can happen if he isn't vaccinated, but I still didn't get him the vaccination. I will call the county and see if I can get the vaccinations in separate doses. No, I don't think it causes autism, but I do think it might be a contributing factor. Anyhow, I will get him vaccinated, I'm just going to delay it for a little while.

1 comment: