Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Soccer

I think Handsome is going to be a soccer player. We went out to a park so that I could run and I brought the little size 1 soccer ball so that DH and Handsome could play. Handsome typically goes up to pick up the ball and will occasionally kick the ball by accident. Well we started getting excited and clapping when he kicked the ball so he caught on that what he's supposed to do is kick the ball. So then for the next 20 min or so he ran around kicking the ball! I was impressed he was focused on the same activity for so long. Now granted, DH was feeding him yogurt at the same time so he would kick for a while and then DH would call him to eat. He'd run to go eat and then go back to kicking the ball. He fell a few times, but didn't seem to care. He was even running on gravel. If he landed on his hands he'd bring his hands to me to wipe them off and then he went back to kicking the soccer ball. It was too cute and almost surreal to see my little 13 month old, 20 pound, 28in, son kicking a soccer ball around.

A few days later I let him play with the soccer ball in the living room and he kicked it for a while and then proceeded to try to eat the ball. Well, baby steps right? I took him and the ball outside and he kicked it down the sidewalk.

Finances are requiring DH and I to look into daycare options so that DH can return to work. I can't express how much it terrifies me to put Handsome into daycare. There are so many things to worry about. I just don't trust a complete stranger to take care of him.

OK, well, gtg. I'll finish my whining about having to find daycare later.

No comments: