Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The last morning

This morning was the last morning of waking Handsome up to feed him. :( I'm sad. I know tomorrow morning will be worse. With nursnig him every morning I was able to see him before I went to work. Now I won't see him until I get home at night. I will have to go almost 24 hours without seeing my son. I get home from work around 7pm and his bedtime is 8pm. I see my son for an hour on weekdays. Why do I feel like this is some sort of divorce settlement?

And then DH applied for an overnight stocking job last night. The hours are around 10pm till 7am. That means I would see him for three hours a day total. I hate the financial situation we are in right now.

So now there is the dilemna. Is it better to see my family for three hours a day total and get that extra income where DH would be tired all day, but still with Handsome, or is it better to send Handsome to daycare and get to see both of them on the commute to work everyday and get to sleep with my Husband at night? I need to break down and send Handsome to daycare. DH is gonna be too sleepy to do any sort of good during the day if he works all night long.

The priest said Sunday at mass that we aren't supposed to ask God to fix the problems, we are only supposed to ask Him to walk with us and be with us during the rough times. So, Jesus hold my hand, and I'll hold my tongue.

3 comments:

Amy Anderson said...

Daycare is tough but it's not the end of the world. The kids all learn from each other, and it's fun for them to play and socialize all day.

It's a hard choice and I hope you get the guidance you're seeking.

Kelly said...

Wow, that's tough. I would lean towards the daycare option. I think it would be really hard on your dh to take care of him if he worked all night. It is tough at first to put your kids in daycare, but my boys always loved it! It's definitely harder on the parents. Good luck deciding what to do!

Daily Verses said...

I'm sorry about the end of your breastfeeding relationship. I can relate to the emotional ties. I hope you can make some decisions that bring you all peace.