Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Pee Stain

Handsome peed on my carpet last night!!! Yes, it is my fault, so I can't get angry with him but I was certainly tempted.

Typically what happens is that when I turn the water on to fill the tub he pees where it is safely contained in his diaper. If he doesn't pee at that time, then he will pee as soon as he is in the water - although don't tell this to DH. Since he is safely drained, when the bath is over I let him run around his room naked so that he can further dry out and not be in a diaper for a little longer. I am trying to prevent diaper rash by doing this, or else make the redness that he has go away. He needs a break from the diaper occasionally, right?

Last night he apparently didn't drain himself properly before the naked run. He was standing on the other side of his bedroom as I was turned the other direction getting out his diaper and then I hear this trickling behind me. I didn't know what to do!! I first ran over to him and tried to startle him into stopping. He stopped for a split second and then continued peeing with a confused look on his face. Then I stood there with my own dumbfounded look wondering, what do I do? If I pick him up, he'll send pee the whole way through the room. I can't stick my hand down there because I'll get pee on my hands and it'll fall through my fingers anyhow. Finally I think well, I'll just bring the diaper to him and set it under the flow.

By the time I had the diaper to him, he was finished.

So, I put the diaper on him, call DH to get the stain remover, and go get a towel.

You know what I'll do tonight after Handsome's bath? I'll let him run around and air things out. I just don't learn that quickly.

2 comments:

Rosie : ) said...

Omygosh! That post was hilarious. Thank you for sharing this. :) I guess you having been through the potty training phases yet? Get used to the pee. ;) And, technically, pee is sterile at a young baby's age, so it shoudln't have hurt your carpet too badly...lol...I still feel for you. The first time is always the worst. :)

Lynn said...

Thanks for the note about the pee being sterile!! That actually makes me feel much better!! I was thinking there was no hope for our carpet if he was already staining it at 14 months!