Thursday, July 10, 2008

The last didn't last

Ok, so I know I said yesterday would be the last time that I woke Handsome up to nurse. Well, this morning by the time I got up and ready to go for work, DH had to be awake to wait for the washing machine repair man to come. So I thought, well if he has to be up anyway, I can just go nurse Handsome really quickly and if he cries or won't go back to sleep, DH is awake. Plus he may have to start waking up early to go to daycare anyway.

So yes, I nursed Handsome this morning. He nursed just fine and went right back to sleep. And now I don't know what to do. If he is going to continue to go to sleep easily again, should I continue nursing? Was the past week or so just a phase and he really isn't done with nursing? Maybe he heard me saying I was stopping because he was crying so he stopped crying? Is he old enough to do things like that? Is it bad to keep waking him up now that he's 14 months old? Is it more healthy to let him sleep without a single interruption or more healthy to be up for 10 min and get breastmilk? Why can't parenting decisions be easy and straightforward?

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I wouldn't stop nursing unless you are ready. That's tough though b/c I can see not wanting to wake him up. He could have just been going through a strike and isn't done. When #2 self-weaned at 13mo he just totally stopped one day and all of the sudden acted like he'd never done it before.