Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Amber

I am getting asked about this a lot, so I thought I would post about it. On my blog my name is Amber, but no, my name is not Amber. So I am asked, "Why in the world did you choose Amber?"

Well, here's why. I wanted anonymity. I didn't want to have random people knowing exactly how my breastfeeding was going or when my period began, so I chose a pseudonym. When I started the blog I was unfamiliar with blogging and the only blogs that I had visited had the person's real name. So I just chose a different name. I chose Amber because when we were choosing baby names I really wanted Amber as one of the girl's names, but DH would not have it. He hates the name Amber. I LOVE the name Amber so I thought if I can't name a child Amber I'll just use it on my blog.

And then after becoming more familiar with blogging I realized people used names like "Soccermom" or "ILovePurple" as their names when they didn't want their own. By that time I already started using Amber so I didn't change it.

Perhaps I should change it. People are used to Amber now, so I don't know what to do. Any suggestions? Is Amber just too weird?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I personally LOVE the name Amber! ;) And DD loves seeing it on the computer! :D

Kelly said...

I think Amber is good :) I wouldn't change it unless you want to.

Michelle Lynn said...

Its good for me!

Daily Verses said...

I like your philosophy behind it. Keep it because you like it!