Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Haircut!

I cut Handsome's hair today! His hair grows SOO fast. Previously I had cut it with scissors but this time I had clippers! I actually bought them a couple months ago to cut the dog's hair, but I cleaned them and they work just fine. I used the biggest guard so that he didn't end up bald. DH still thinks I didn't cut it short enough, but he has to have some curls right? Well, I think he does. I'm assuming he's going to get to an age where he wants to cut all the curls out, so I'm taking advantage of the ability to leave curls while I can. And he looks so cute with his short curls! And since I used the clippers it is so much cleaner looking than when I normally cut it. I LOVE clippers! He didn't seem to care about it either. I put him in his highchair with a toy and some goldfish. I turned the clippers on where he could see them and then put it on my arm so he could see it wasn't going to hurt him. Then I put it on his arm so that he could feel the vibration and I could see his reaction before putting it on his head. He didn't seem to care about it. He was just curious. Once he was ok, I started cutting his hair. He did perfectly.

I bathed him afterward and the tub is now full of hair. I'll have to clean that... later.

3 comments:

Hf said...

yay! now post some pictures of that cutie :)M. HATES his hair cut and he has tons too.

Daily Verses said...

Oh yes, come post pictures please!

AP7 Creations said...

yes, we want pictures!! i just cut jonah's hair with scissors a week or so ago, but i did such a crummy job that i begged my mom to use her clippers to go back over it all and get it trimmed up nicely. i LOVE clippers too. I'm secretly hoping that's what she'll get me for my birthday! ;)