Tuesday, October 30, 2007

I can't believe I work here...

My office has a newsletter that comes out every week. It is supposed to talk about the important things happening at the office and sometimes a little something "fun" is thrown in there. The quotes are to compensate for the fact that what some consider fun, others consider serious, and still others consider downright odd. So here's the article (edited to protect the "innocent"):


Mustache Wednesday Observed at Work

Two weeks ago, 38 employees, including women, proudly flaunted real or fake mustaches in observance of Mustache Wednesday at work. From stylishly groomed to eccentric mustaches, participating employees paraded their mustaches around campus.

The annual observance was started three years ago by clean shaven employee Doofus #1, Doofus #2, Doofus #3, and Doofus #4 from Area 51. Instead of shaving daily during the end of the fiscal year, the four bolstered their end of the year production by writing Office Actions.

Mustache Wednesday has grown from an idea shared between four friends to an annual campus-wide observance for employees focused on finishing the fiscal year with strong year-end results. Female Doofus, in 2006, was the first female employee to wear a fake mustache.



I can't even believe that I work in this office. The issue is that they are serious. They really buy into this. My office is promoting leaving your personal hygiene behind in favor of getting more work done. This really goes above and beyond. I don't even know what to say anymore. I am speechless.

No comments: