Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Gone are the days of yore

Yesterday two milestones happened.

Milestone #1: We took down Handsome's swing. He has grown out of it. He's too mobile and too heavy. Now there is nothing to contain him except his crib. I already miss the days of easy containment, and the second milestone will show why.

Milestone #2: As we were taking down Handsome's swing we had our backs turned to him for mere seconds. In those seconds, Handsome managed to crawl over to DH's coffee and pull the cup towards him spilling the coffee all over the carpet and Handsome. As soon as I saw it, I picked up Handsome as fast as I could and made sure that the coffee wasn't still hot. It was actually cold and I'm sure if it was still hot then cries would have let us know. We cleaned Handsome and the carpet knowing all the while that this was the first incident of many to come. I think Handsome was proud of himself for reaching the coffee. When I turned to see him at the coffee he was just looking at me with his hand still on the mug. I guess that's better than the days when he will hide his hand covered in permanent marker saying, "It wasn't me mommy!"

No comments: