Thursday, October 25, 2007

Nervous

Has anyone else been nervous to meet his/her own child? I don't mean nervous while pregnant to see who will be born, because I understand and went through that. I mean nervous to meet the personality that will soon be blooming in their child. I admit that I'm nervous.

Right now I can do no wrong in his eyes. So long as I feed him, allow him to crawl, and occasionally make a funny noise he loves me. A day will come in the not so distant future when my son starts to question me and test me. The testing doesn't bother me too much because I know it is necessary, but what worries me is what if our personalities don't mesh? What if he just has some aversion to me? It's worse than unrequited love.

I love him more than life itself.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Yes the testing will come ;) Thomas has my mostly personality so sometimes we clash b/c of that. By the time that starts, you are already so in love with them that it doesn't matter and you just figure out new ways to deal with it. I do wonder what they'll be like as teenagers and adults. That makes me nervous!