Friday, October 19, 2007

It's a scoot!

Last night I was sitting on the blanket with Handsome and he was doing his normal push-ups on hands and toes. I was shaking his little toy in front of him to see if he would be able to crawl forward. Usually he just falls backward when he wants to move forward. This time I noticed that he was able to reach the toy, but it didn't really click as to what had just happened yet. He did it a couple more times and then I started wondering, how is he reaching the toy every time? Am I putting it too close to him? So I started paying more attention and he was moving forward every time!!! Somehow he figured out how to kind of fall forward instead of falling backward. Then he would kinda scoot on the floor like an army man in training. I was so proud of him!!! He seemed so proud of himself every time he reached the toy. He'd grab it and then look up at me with a big grin on his face (well, the times when he didn't immediately eat the toy that is).

I ran to get the video camera to document the momentous occasion (even though DH said this was technically the second day Handsome had been doing this). I set up the camera, turned it on, moved away from the camera, and placed the toy in front of Handsome. And what did Handsome do? He looked at the camera. I shook the toy, and Handsome stared at the camera. I spoke in a very fun baby voice, and Handsome looked at the camera. For 30 minutes Handsome just looked at the camera as I tried my darnedest to get his attention. Stupid red flashing LED. I gave up, turned the camera off, and Handsome picked up the toy.

Again, Handsome thinks he's funny. Is this a bad sign?

No comments: