Monday, October 22, 2007

Freckle



Handsome is getting a freckle. It's right above his right eyebrow. I have mixed feelings about the freckle.

First of all, I thought I was going to be able to avoid freckles with him. I have freckles all over me including some rather loud and obnoxious ones. Seeing as his father has zero freckles, I was hoping that Handsome would take after his father. Apparently my propensity towards freckles is just too strong a trait. At five months and one week, the first freckle showed up for Handsome.

At first I thought that the freckle was actually just some sort of smudge, but even the all-powerful cleaning effects of a mother's spit couldn't remove the smudge. Then I thought it would be gone after his bath that night. Alas, the smudge remained and was reclassified as a freckle.

It is barely noticeable, but it almost looks like someone tried to dub him a married Indian woman and missed the target by a little. I'm hoping that either it remains light like it is now, or his skin continues to get a little darker so that they meet as the same color, or that he gets a handful more freckles so that he doesn't have just one lone freckle.

So now Handsome has my ears and my freckle. I hope he gets DH's sight and my hearing.

I wonder how many freckles he will end up with.

No comments: