Thursday, November 1, 2007

Baby Poop

Handsome is still on his pooping strike. There was one day where he seemed to be pushing a lot, but other than that he hasn't been grumpy because of his strike. I got advice from a friend that if I took his temperature rectally then it could stimulate him to poop.

So I tried it last night and it worked! I set him down on the kitchen floor - where it is easy to clean - and took his temperature. He was holding his toes so his legs were up in the air, making the process much easier. He didn't seem to notice the fact that I was taking his temperature at all. I took his temp once and nothing happened, so I took his temp again and got a foul smelling fart. Ick. I thought that was all, but then he pooped! It wasn't much, but it was something and it means the method worked.

No comments: