Friday, November 30, 2007

Crazy Busy

Things have been crazy busy lately. Even as I type, Handsome is trying his darnedest to climb over my legs and get to the computer on the other side. He is so fast and can get into just about anything now. If you turn away for two seconds his hand is in the VCR or he had crawled behind the couch and out of sight.

Work is horrible. I have too much work to do in not enough time. Most of that is my fault though because I should have done all the work before now, I just haven't had the motivation, and now I'm in trouble with all the work I have to do. I told my boss I was unhappy, and he consoled me and then proceeded to tell another boss. Great. At least when my production sucks I can tell him that I warned him.

I gave Handsome about an ounce of water in a bottle just to see what he would do. He was a little shocked by the taste at first, but then he was just happy I would allow him to carry his bottle around. Since crawling requires all four limbs, he would either crawl a few steps and then push the bottle forward, or - and this is the one I am most impressed with - he would set the bottle up, to where the nipple is upwards, and then carry the bottle in his mouth as he crawled. Just now he is laying on his back, chewing on the bottle and growling at me. :) Too cute.

He is into laughing lately. If you repeat certain sounds he will just crack up and laugh forever. It's so great. I wonder if I prayed long enough, he would continue this through puberty. Wouldn't that be great? Here comes your 16 year old son with a grumpy look on his face, "What did you do in school today?" "Nothing." "How is everything?" "Fine." And just when the brick wall of non-communication seems strongest, you say "WEE!!!" and he laughs uncontrollably until he can't laugh anymore and then he starts talking to you. It should be a parent's superpower. Well, I'll keep praying anyway.

Both DH and I have been super stressed lately. We both need Christmas vacation to be here soon.

No comments: