Sunday, November 11, 2007

Smokey Bones

Last night we decided to go out to eat BBQ. Mmm... BBQ. This is the first time that we've taken Handsome out to eat at a sit down restaurant. I figured he turned six months on Friday so we should start attempting to take him out.

Well, things didn't start off well so I kinda wanted to scrap the whole idea. Handsome woke up at about 2:30pm and then I told DH that I was going to feed him and then we should go. That way we would be at the restaurant before the big crowds got there and before Handsome got cranky from being hungry or being tired. He said fine, but he wanted to finish his homework and bathe before we left. I knew disaster was upon us at that time. Even if I could wait, you can't really tell Handsome to please not get cranky from being tired and hungry.

We were out of our door just after 4pm and standing in the restaurant by 4:30pm. If you look at the time that Handsome woke up and was fed, then you will recognize that we had about one hour before his crankiness would begin.

The restaurant was already busy, so we had to wait in the foyer until our little buzzer went off. Handsome was in his carrier - which he is normally fine in - and after standing there for a little while, he started crying. I picked him up and he was ok. After about a 30 minute wait, we were seated. I held him in my lap the whole time because he was already tired and wouldn't have anything else. He played with the cardboard coasters until the food came and then as soon as the food came he started crying. Hoping that he was just hungry, but still knowing otherwise, I put on my handy-dandy bib-ish thing and fed him.

When he finished eating, he was better, but still not too happy. He was satisfied enough to just sit in my lap, suck his thumb and try to grab anything he could on the table. By the time the bill came, he was done and needed to be asleep.

Overall it wasn't too bad. He was mostly happy and didn't scream louder than the crowd at the restaurant.

The best part of the evening was the food. MMMMmmm. It was SOO good! I love BBQ. I'm going back as soon as we can find money to go again.

And as a side note, I did cry on Friday, when Handsome turned six months old. It wasn't for long, but that's just because I don't like to cry. I can't believe he's already six months old. He now has two teeth (the bottom front left one came in about two days after the bottom front right one) and his crawling is looking more and more like true crawling and he gets anywhere he wants to go.

When we were at the restaurant, one of the waitresses looked at him, said he was cute, and was laughing saying it looked like he just got out of bed. I HAVE to figure out how to tame the curls. For a while they tamed themselves, but now we are entering the wild stage. I just don't know what chemicals are safe to put on his little head. I'll ask the doctor on Tuesday.

No comments: