Monday, March 3, 2008

Life gets busy

I keep meaning to post. Throughout the day I'll think, "I need to write about this tonight." And then tonight will come and I don't have time to post. By the time I can, I've forgotten what I was going to write. Boo.

Yesterday Handsome got almost hysterical with his crying. He doesn't even cry this much when he falls and hits his head. Any time I set him down he would just start screaming. At times even when I was holding him it didn't make him stop crying. That rarely happens, so I was afraid he was sick or had some stick in his socks since we went out to the park to take pictures. When I was cooking I asked DH to change his diaper just to see if there was a diaper rash or dirt somewhere. Of course there was nothing. He must have been tired, but it was around 6pm when this happens and the past few nights he has been going to bed at 9pm, so I still don't really know what it was. When I went to put him to bed he only stopped crying to nurse and then continued crying when he finished. Typically I just lay him down in his crib and he will fall asleep on his own. Last night that was not happening. He returned to hysterical crying as soon as I laid him down. I can't handle hysterical crying, so I held him until he calmed down and fell asleep in my arms. Of course he woke up as soon as I put him down and started crying again. This time I decided to give him a few minutes to see if he would quiet down and he fell asleep in less than a minute.

I hate when he is so upset and I don't know why he is so upset. If I knew why he was crying then I would know how to handle it, or at least have more of an idea. If I knew he was just tired then I could have let him put himself to sleep the first time and not worried about it, but what if he was sick?

Off to a happier topic, Handsome's new favorite thing to do is climb. He's climbed at least the bottom stair, and would probably continue to climb higher, but we don't let him get beyond the first step. If I am sitting next to the coffee table, he will step up on my legs and hold onto the table. He also purposefully chooses the most difficult path to whatever he is trying to get to. If he could crawl slightly to the right on a clear carpet path to get to the toy he wants to get to, or he could crawl to the left and go over the leg, over the stuffed animal, and over the coke bottle, he will choose the more complicated path.

He looks like he has two more teeth on the top that are starting to come in. Once those come in, he'll have six teeth.

He's starting to know when things are being taken away from him and when DH or I are leaving him. He cries in both instances. Boo. I was enjoying the happy go lucky personality. Hopefully that will return soon.

I took pics yesterday in manual. The majority turned out well. I think I got the exposure right, but the color is kinda blah. I think part of that is the fact that all the plants are still dead, so they just don't have vibrant colors right now, and another part of that should be the white balance. I want to buy a gray card to see if that would fix it, but we got to the camera store at 6:05pm and learned they closed at 6pm. Boo.

No comments: