Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Hello from an old lady

My birthday was this weekend. I'm now an old lady. Don't get alarmed though, I say that every year. I have a wonderful husband and a beautiful son, and I think this was my best birthday ever. My bf flew in for my birthday and it was wonderful to see her.

On my birthday we went and ate bbq for lunch. DH held Handsome so that I could eat without juggling Handsome at the same time. It was great to eat hot food at a restaurant. After lunch we went shopping and I bought a few shirts for Handsome. For dinner we went to eat sushi and Handsome slept through the entire meal in his little carrier! It was a beautiful day. DH even bought me a new flash for my camera without me even asking for it!!

Handsome has been sleeping like a champ lately. I'm sure it's from our constant going this weekend. Yesterday for instance he went down late for a nap so he slept from about 5:30pm -8pm. Then I woke him up and he was up from 8 till almost 10pm. Then he woke up at 5am to eat and then slept again until almost 11am this morning!! It kinda makes sense since he normally sleeps from 8pm till 9am; so he basically just pushed it back two hours.

He started consistently saying Mama this weekend! Yay! He still doesn't know what it means, but I like to hear the sound nonetheless.

He is SOO close to walking. He's taken a couple steps by accident this weekend. He constantly walks around the coffee table all day.

I have to go back to work tomorrow. I REALLY don't want to go back. This is the biweek that I have an ungodly amount of work to do. Yes, it is my own fault. If I get this work done then I can get my promotion the following biweek and start working from home at least one day a week. A promotion also means higher production requirements though. As far as work goes, I can't win.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Glad you had a good birthday!! Yay for Handsome sleeping good! Tell him to talk to Lucas for me ;)