Friday, February 1, 2008

Walking with Mommy's hands

We are getting so close to walking!! Previously if I wanted him to walk while I was holding onto his hands he would have to kinda be tilted to the side to kinda lose his footing and move. Last night I was just holding him up to make him stand and he started walking towards me! Granted I was still holding onto his hands, but minus that it was walking! He has figured out exactly how to put one foot in front of the other to get where he wants to go. There was actually one time that I kinda want to call his first step, but I'm a little hesitant. He climbed up on DH who was lying on his side and then stood up and stepped towards me so that I would hold him. But between him standing up on DH and getting to my hand he was all on his own. So he kinda took his first step yesterday.

He looks so grown up when he walks like that!!

When I came home last night he saw me and started squealing and crawling like speedracer to get to me. There was a gate in the way, but he got to that gate faster than I've ever seen him move. Too cute!

No comments: