Thursday, January 31, 2008

Blue Monkey


We went to Old Navy on Tuesday and while there of course I had to peruse the baby section. We found a little blue monkey that Handsome just got all excited about. He started throwing his hands up and down and cooing and looking at me like, "You are going to give me that aren't you??" It was too cute!! It has a little bell inside it that he loves and many spots where he can hold onto it and chew on it. This is the first toy that when I took it away from him he would be visibly upset that I took it away. Most toys he doesn't really care about, but this monkey? He loves the monkey.

I was going to take a picture of it, but of course I haven't had time or there hasn't been light. 'Spose that's a good enough reason to buy a speedlight? I don't think I'm good enough at photography yet to justify buying a speedlight but I REALLY want one. My house is just too dark to take pictures in it and it's too cold to go outside. I typically have about three hours where I can take pictures in Handsome's room because the light shines in his window. If I miss those three hours that are between about 8am and 10am - add or subtract hours on each side depending on clouds and the month of the year - then I don't get pictures. Now if you think about it those are the hours that people - me included - go to work, so in the end I get very little picture taking time.

I must also add that Handsome slept from 8:30pm till 5am last night!!! YAY!!! It's amazing what 5 1/2 straight hours of sleep for Mom will do to her perspective on life. I still didn't get a full night of sleep but I did get more consecutive hours of sleep than I've gotten in a while and it is wondrous. Yay for sleep!

No comments: