Thursday, January 24, 2008

Sleep! Haircut.

Handsome slept straight from 8pm to 5:30am!! YAY!!! Unfortunately I couldn't fall asleep until just after midnight, so I only got about 5 hours of sleep, but it was consecutive hours and it was glorious. I also got DH to grab his iPod from downstairs so I could play my Enya to help me get to sleep. He hates listening to music at night, but it helps me sleep so much. I remember I asked my parents for a radio around the time I was in the first grade and ever since then music has helped me to sleep at night. It's just so peaceful. It's like falling asleep in a meditation state. Glorious.

I cut Handsome's hair this past weekend. He still has a little bit of his soft spot left, so I don't trust some random person cutting his hair. He would be all upset that there was a new person, that I couldn't hold him, and adding scissors to that just doesn't sound like a good idea to me. His little fro was getting a little out of hand though, so I felt I had to do something to tame it.

So I sat him down in the sink so that he could play with the faucet and the mirror. I wet his hair with his detangler and used the scissors that came with a manicure set that someone gave us. Yes, they were supposed to be for nails, but they had a round tip so that in case he did start to whip his head around I couldn't poke anything. They cut really well. I probably cut about 3/4 in. off the top of his head. I didn't have the comb with me, so I finished cutting the following day when I could attempt to make it even. With curly hair I find that it's hard to make each strand evenly cut, but it's also hard to tell when it is not evenly cut. So I win. :) The hair cutting went really well because he didn't seem to care. He was quite content looking at the faucet and occasionally trying to grab himself in the mirror. So now he still has a fro, but it is a tamed fro. His hair is also growing back in the backs and sides of his head so the fro is about to multiply.

I've been meaning to take pictures, but in order to do that I have to put the detangler in it to style it and then I have to have enough light in my house to take the pictures. And time. Always short on time.

Talking about time, I need to get to work.

2 comments:

Daily Verses said...

Oh, the first haircut! I'm glad it went well. I don't look forward to it for sentimental reasons, but my homeboy need one soon. I fear the onset of a mullet. :-)

Kelly said...

Aww.... I can't wait to see pics!