Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Bananas

Over Christmas Handsome got his first taste of a banana. To say he loved it would be an understatement. I had grabbed a banana for breakfast and decided to let Handsome suck on the side of it just to see if he would like the taste. He tasted it and then started grabbing it when I thought I was going to take it away from his mouth. He would cry when I stopped letting him eat it. I mashed it up for breakfast for about three mornings, and every time he would cry when I stopped feeding him.

I also gave him a few mashed up Teddy Grahams on the plane going back home. Probably not the healthiest snack, but he liked it and again cried when I stopped feeding him.

3 comments:

Daily Verses said...

That's great that he likes bananas! G. absolutely hates them. Gagged himself every single time I tried to give them.

Kelly said...

Bananas were a HUGE hit here too! I think I'm going to put one in one of those mesh feeders and let him go to town.

Topaz said...

Bananas were Kitten's first food and they will be Muffin's too when the time comes. Just a word of warning: you may want to invest in a banana plantation! I can't tell you the number of Bananas we go through in a week (DH loves them too), and Muffin is still being exclusively BFed!