Saturday, December 29, 2007

Christmas Steps

My father told me that children take amazing steps when they are pulled out of their element. Handsome did just that. He did so well with all the family. He clung to me like his life depended on it. At first he didn't let anyone hold him, but after my aunt started kinda sneaking him away from me so that he didn't notice what was happening, he got better with others taking him. As my aunt would say, "Just don't make eye contact." She would stand just next to me with her hands behind her back, turning side to side, whistling as if she were doing nothing, and when Handsome was completely unawares, she would take him and walk away. If he didn't see me then he was fine. As soon as he saw me or heard my voice it was all over.

He is also starting to stand without holding onto anything. He thinks it's hilarious. He will climb up and then let go with both hands, look at us, and then fall down laughing.

Handsome did very well on the airplane. He didn't cry at all. If he started fussing, I would just feed him and he would quiet down or fall asleep.

My aunt got him a walker thing which DH said he walked with this morning.

Handsome seemed very happy the whole time we were there. He just smiled and laughed at everyone. It makes me miss living near my family. I think he would really enjoy being with them more than just at Christmas.

His naps weren't always easy and he was up every three hours at night, but overall he slept well.

Today is my anniversary so I'm making this entry short. Tomorrow starts the marathon working. I'm not sure I'll be able to see my son or my husband much during the next week.

Yay for vacations and boo for work.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Happy Anniversary! Sounds like a great vacation!