Sunday, December 16, 2007

My Poor Pooper

I have to learn how not to laugh. It's horrible really that I would see someone else's pain as funny. I know I need to do better or my son is one day going to really hate me.

Yesterday I was sitting on the floor with Handsome as he was crawling around in his Santa suit (nothing else was clean). He climbed on the first step and then then grabbed the bottom banister so he could stand up. I was watching him to see if he would fall, and as I was watching, all of the sudden his face started crunching up and he started to cry. It was a serious cry. I didn't know what was happening because he hadn't fallen. I looked at the pole and felt it to make sure there wasn't anything sharp on there, and then I looked back at his face. He was looking at me with a look of , "Mommy, PLEASE help me!" And then I noticed a hard long grunt mixed in with his serious cry. My poor Handsome was trying to poop and it was painful!

I didn't know what to do! I didn't think picking him up would help because I wouldn't want anyone to pick me up while I was in the process of pooping. So I held him just under his arms as he stood there, grunting, and crying with tears rolling down his little face.

Yes, I know I'm a horrible person because after I realized why he was crying, I couldn't stop laughing! I held him as close as I could mostly so that I could hide my face behind his head and he couldn't see me laughing. His crying was just so sudden as if he had just fallen, so it must have been an instant urge to push. His little face was all red and tears were falling and he would take breaks between cries to push.

Once his sobs quieted down a little and he seemed to stop pushing, I picked him up all the way and put his little head to my shoulder. I seriously need to find something with a lot of fiber to make the process easier for him. When I changed his diaper there was just a little there and it didn't seem too hard. It was certainly stinky, but I don't think stink makes it hard to push. He did start to cry again when I wiped his little bohiney. Fiber. We need fiber.

No comments: