Saturday, February 9, 2008

He talks... kinda.

Handsome plays this game now. He'll kinda grunt at you, and then you grunt back. This game continues until he starts laughing. And then it starts all over again. It's so cute.

He's also slowly starting to get restless. Before you could just hold him in your lap and he'd sit there for quite a long time very content. If you put him down he'd start crawling and playing, but he would be very quiet if he just sat in your lap. Now not so much.

You know why this stinks? He is just starting this when I want to go to a political town hall meeting. I want him to go and sit in my lap, but what if his new found mobility and desire to be constantly moving prevents him from being able to sit with me?? I'm going to be SO dissapointed if he won't sit there or if he starts making a bunch of noise. Please Lord let him be content to just sit for a little while!! I actually want to ask a question at the meeting if I can. I want to ask about maternity leave. I don't understand why we are one in three nations that has no provisions for a paid maternity leave. I think it's disgraceful. Anyway, it was hella difficult to get these tickets and if Handsome decides that we can't sit there.. Grr. Please, Handsome, let us go to this meeting and sit through the whole thing!! If only this meeting could have been about four months ago!!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

ITA about maternity leave! So did you get to ask??

Lynn said...

No! Boo! He only answered six questions and there were about 8000 people there. Oh well. Maybe I'll write him a letter.