Saturday, November 29, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Thanksgiving was really good this year. We stayed home and a really good friend of mine from college, who was also DHs best man at our wedding, came over with his girlfriend. I cooked turkey, green bean casserole, sweet potato casserole, and warmed up some rolls. I of course made sure I had my sparkling grape juice as is my family tradition. My father never had alcohol in the house, so as a substitute we drank sparkling grape juice. I still love that stuff. DH, who can't drink any alcohol because of the medicine he is on, drank that sparkling grape juice like he was dying of thirst. :)

This was the first year that Handsome actually got to eat a Thanksgiving meal. Last year Handsome was still exclusively breast feeding. We set up his highchair at the end of the table and put a sampling of all the food on his little tray. He used his fork like a champ and ate most of what we put on his plate. His favorite of course was the sweet potato casserole. We snuck the meat in with the sweet potatoes so that he would at least eat a little meat.

He did really well with our friends, playing and laughing with them, which made me really happy. He laughed almost the entire day - well, after his belly was full.

And I was proud of myself because I didn't eat too much and I even started the dishes before I was exhausted so most of the kitchen was clean and all the extra food was in the fridge before we went to bed. Yay!

2008 was a very good Thanksgiving.

No comments: