Friday, November 21, 2008

Blankets, Pooh, and sleeping

I started putting a blanket on Handsome when I put him down for bed. Nights are getting cold here and I'd rather not have to run the heater so much. Last year we put a space heater in his room, but I was always afraid it was going to catch fire. Yes, I'm paranoid. So he lays down nicely for me to put the blanket, but maybe ten minutes later he's already rolled out from underneath it or thrown it out of the crib.

He's also had those little blankies with the bear heads in his crib with him. He likes to lay on top of them much like he likes to lay on top of feet. Odd. Nevertheless, by morning time the crib is empty of blankets. Last night he was holding Pooh around bedtime, so I let him sleep with Pooh. This morning Pooh was still in his crib. We love Pooh.

4 comments:

Hf said...

have you tried the Halo slepp sacs? they worked wonders with M. he used them for 3 winters!

AP7 Creations said...

hf - i hadn't thought of using those but that's a great idea cause Jonah does the same thing as Handsome... throwing the blankets out of bed everynight. i try keeping him in long pjs with socks or footies instead.

Daily Verses said...

I have been hesitant to use the sleep sacks b/c G is so mobile and I was afraid he'd trip himself up in them. We also do fleece footie sleepers, and he has 2 fleece blankies he sleeps with (even if they are not on him, I hope he gets some warmth from them. Does Handsome seem to get upset or wake up from being cold?

Kelly said...

Lucas throws the blankets on the floor at some point too. Our upstairs gets pretty warm though so I guess he's fine since he doesn't wake up.