Friday, October 3, 2008

Book Meme

Thanks to J.C. for tagging me!

The rules: Grab the nearest book. Open the book to page 56. Find the fifth sentence. Post the text of the next two to five sentences in your journal/blog along with these instructions. Don't dig for your favorite book, the cool book, or the intellectual one: pick the CLOSEST. Tag five other people to do the same.

Lord of the Flies - William Golding
"Here the littluns who had run after him caught up with him. They talked, cried out unintelligibly, lugged him toward the trees. Then, amid the roar of bees in the afternoon sunlight, Simon found fo them the fruit they could not reach, pulled off the choicest from up in the foliage, passed them back down to the endless, outstretched hands. When he had satisfied them he paused and looked round. The littluns watched him insrutably over double handfuls of ripe fruit."

I'm reading this book in attempt to read all the classics that I didn't read back in highschool. It's good so far.

I didn't tag anyone because I'm kinda assuming everyone I know who blogs has already been tagged. If you haven't played along yet, I tag you!!

1 comment:

Daily Verses said...

That was interesting! I never read that one either.