Saturday, April 17, 2010

Junior's First Days

So I'm way behind. I keep meaning to write, but getting the time is hard to do. I'm not even sure how much time I'll have just now.

Our second son, who I think I'll call Junior was born last week.... and is crying on cue right now. Gah. He has a sixth sense to know when I'm trying to do something else.

Junior is different from Handsome. More different than I thought possible. First of all he is taller and skinnier. He is a good three inches or taller than Handsome was at birth. He weighs more but he seems skinnier because of the extra length. He will only eat when he is good and ready to eat - there is nothing that will convince him he is hungry when he is not. His arms actually touch if you stretch them over his head. I didn't know a newborn's arms could do that. It took Handsome maybe six months before his arms could reach each other over his head. When Junior looks around, he looks like he is really studying the place. He's not as quick to grab your hand though - it's more like he will do it just to humor you. He seems to have DH's nose and my jawline. I think he looks nothing like Handsome, but others think he looks just like him, so I don't know if it's a Mom thing that makes me think they are so different or if they actually are.

Handsome has done really wel with having Junior in the house. He always says how he loves his baby brother and how he's so cute. He constantly wants to hold him and kiss him on his head. He has been extra hyper, but that seems to be the only issue the baby has caused. He's also not happy that I haven't been able to do his bedtime routine with him.

1 comment:

Brandy said...

So glad things are going well. I don't think Junior looks like Handsome either.