Monday, June 9, 2008

Pillows

I think Handsome is trying to hint at something. Whenever he is in the living room and the pillows from the couch are on the floor he will fling himself onto the pillow and then smile up at us. Then when he knows we are watching he will turn over and snuggle with the pillow even more, as if to say, "This is such a comfy pillow. I sure wish I had one of these in my crib to snuggle with each night." And I'm not talking just an occasional snuggle with the pillow. Every chance he gets he is going to that pillow.

In the process of putting him to bed at night I let him walk from the bathroom to his bedroom after he is all dry and awaiting his diaper and clothes. He runs to this huge teddy bear that sits in the corner of his room. The bear is more than twice Handsome's size and he loves it. He snuggles for a minute and then attempts to pick the bear up and walk around the room with it. I have to tear him away from the bear to clothe the boy.

I would put a pillow in the crib with him, but he moves around so much at night that I don't think it would do any sort of good. And really, I think he is still too young for a pillow or sheets. The boy is constantly moving in his sleep. At this point I don't see how anyone sleeps with a toddler his age, because he would end up tossing and turning his way out the door if he wasn't in some enclosed space.

And Handsome's new talent? Throwing things away. You give him a piece of trash and if there is a trashcan anywhere in sight, he'll throw it away.

And Mom's new favorite Handsome talent? If I hand something to Handsome and say, "Bring this to Daddy," he will walk to DH and give it to him!!! I LOVE this! This is why we have children. Soon I can say, "Bring Mommy the remote," and the chores will begin and I will be so happy. ;)

1 comment:

Hf said...

too cute. M . has to have at least 3 pillows on his bed. I can't remember when we 1st gave him one but he still is all over the place.