Thursday, June 12, 2008

The diaper episode

I kept meaning to write this post and I kept forgetting, so yay for me remembering! It must have something to do with finally getting to sleep the entire night again. Sleep is beautiful.

So typically when I get home from work Handsome is taking his nap or has just gotten up from his nap. If he's still sleeping then I get to go pick him up when he wakes up and typically I get a rather full diaper to change.

Well, last week the temperatures were extremely high outside and DH doesn't like to run the air conditioning during the day to save on energy costs. As a result, he walks around in shorts all day and Handsome is in just his diaper. So when DH put Handsome down for his nap he laid him down in his diaper. Do you see where this is going? I went to pick up Handsome from his nap and found him sitting in his crib completely naked holding his diaper in his hand and just looking at it. As soon as he saw me he started laughing his little heart out. Luckily this was one of the few days that he didn't poop during his nap. Phew.

Now really, isn't 13 months too young for this?? I told DH to make sure he at least put shorts on over the diaper next time to make sure he couldn't take them off. I really didn't think that we'd have to worry about Handsome taking his own diaper off until he was two years old or so. I apparently was wrong.

So yes, I have a little Houdini. Now the diaper is on. Leave the room and come back, and the diaper is magically removed.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

LOL! You got lucky - would have been much worse with poop ;) Yeah, have dh put on shorts or a onesie!