Monday, January 12, 2009

Potty Training.

So I found out that the Montessori school that I want to put Handsome in when he turns 2 1/2 years old requires that he is potty trained.

Does that sound impossible to anyone else? Aren't boys supposed to be more difficult than girls to potty train? Handsome doesn't even know when he is peeing yet. He peed when DH put him in the bathtub this weekend and then started crying because he didn't know what he was doing. All the readiness signs are things like "Your child can tell you when he is peeing." Problem one: he doesn't know how to tell us. Problem two: he doesn't even know when he's peeing in the first place.

Hopefully in a year he'll be better.

He has another doctor's appointment in a month so that the doctor can tell us whether she thinks Handsome is going to be obese or if he is back to being underfed, and whether he is developmentally slow with his words. It should be fun.

2 comments:

Brandy said...

It all depends on the kid I think. Statistically boys train later than girls, but I think all kids are different. William wanted nothing to do with it and still struggled at 4 when he started preschool. Ashton potty trained himself at age 2. Owen doesn't know when he's going either and he also doesn't have the vocabulary to tell us even if he did. I hope Handsome gets it right away.

Michelle Lynn said...

O wow. I have no hopes that my son will be trained by 2.5. I'm thinking if its 3.5 we'll be good. Best of luck!