Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Er... Nine months?

I broke out the nine month clothes for Junior yesterday. He looks much more comfortable now, but it also looks like he won't last long in them and I may have to jump to the 12 month clothes soon.

Do you remember how old Junior is?? FOUR months - not nine.

All of Junior's clothes are the same clothes that Handsome wore (and the same clothes my brother's boys both wore) so that means they each have memories attached to them. These nine month clothes were the clothes that Handsome was crawling around in, pulling up in, and walking in. It's very weird to see clothes that I associate with a highly mobile child on my four month old. Junior is rolling all over the place and scooting to get to things, but definitely not crawling or walking yet.

Junior is his own person. He seems determined to stand out as an individual so that no one says he is just like Handsome.

I love you, Junior. Even though you may look a lot more like your Daddy, you have my personality through and through - both the good and the not so good.

It's funny how things work out like that. I think Handsome looks more like me, but has DH's personality and Junior looks more like DH but has my personality. Of course none of us is exactly the same, but more that we are leaning in the directions I'm describing.

No comments: