Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Blissful sleep

Last night Junior slept for six hours straight again! Woo-hoo! And to make things even better, I got to sleep six hours as well. I did get up once to move him back to where the motion detector could feel him and DH woke me up a couple times cause the chair he sleps in right now makes too much noise when he turns over. BUT I fell back to sleep quickly each time so I'm counting this as a good night's sleep.

Ah, sleep, how I have missed you.

And when Junior woke up, he wasn't screaming. He cried a normal baby cry and it was a wonderful sound.

I don't really know what made him turn a corner like that. Maybe it was the threat of medicine? Maybe he heard my pleas? Maybe he was just as tired as we were? Maybe the keeping him upright for 20min after a feeding really does help? Maybe God heard my pleas? Maybe he likes the new location of his playpen? Maybe he just grew out of the worst of the reflux?

Whatever the reason, I am immensly grateful. Immensly. If I didn't want to lose more sleep, I would throw a party in celebration.

Now we have to pray that this isn't just a fluke couple nights. Also, I am moving him and I upstairs this weekend to my bedroom so we have to pray that the change in scenery doesn't spoil things.

No comments: