Monday, March 2, 2009

Focus on me

I've let myself go. It's not a pretty picture. I don't wear makeup anymore. Half the time I don't put my contacts in - and I have HUGE glasses. I never lost the weight I gained from being pregnant so my clothes don't fit right. I bulge in all the wrong places. Gross, right? Well that's how I feel. I eat terribly and I never exercise. It's so hard to get the motivation to take care of myself when married and taking care of a toddler.

I have to lose what I've gained by August. That's my goal. I feel like total and utter crap. I have to fix that. I need to feel better both physically and emotionally.

So how do I reach this goal? How do I lose the weight and get healthy? Should I join the gym which is cheaper in the short run, but only for me and DH gets no benefit... well, no direct benefit. Or do I buy exercise equipment that is much more expensive in the short run, could be used by DH, and could just sit unused and gather dust? Should I try to do something like weight watchers or do I just count calories on my own? If you know me, you know I'm terrible at spending money. I hate it. I never know if I've made the right decision.

For Lent this year, I promised God that I would take better care of the body that he has given to me. I'm not even a week into the season and I'm already having difficulties with it. Sad, right?

I need an exercise buddy. I need there to be a woman that lives down the street that is in my situation and will exercise with me and motivate me to take better care of myself. If I lived in TX I would have friends that would do all of this with me. Too bad I live miles away.

So this is my starting point. I have to move forward starting now. I can't continue to go backwards.

Handsome and I have an appointment tonight with exercise. I do pushups with him climbing on my back and situps with him on my legs or on my belly. I do squats I have to make sure I don't sit on him.... and he thinks it's hilarious... for a while. He gets frustrated with me not paying attention to him after about 10 minutes. When I count out loud and play cartoons I can usually make it to 20 min without a meltdown.

1 comment:

Amy Anderson said...

I hate that it's winter because I want to exercise a little but don't have the money or time to spend at a gym. So, I'd like to take walks with Carter and chase him around a field, but it's 14 degrees right now. So I put off the exercise and continue feeling gross.