Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Tongue

Handsome does the oddest thing. He will stick out his tongue and then put his face on my chest - Like the part where skin shows on a modest neckline. What in the world is he doing?? Sometimes he'll do the same thing to my arm. He doesn't seem to do this to DH at all. Is he tasting me? Is he trying to figure out if milk comes out everywhere? I ask him what he is doing and he will either just stick his tongue on me again or smile at me. What in the world?? If I stick my tongue out as well, then he will start to laugh and try to grab my tongue. Weird child.

The past few days he's been practicing his pointing. He will point at everything and say, "a da?" Don't know what it means, but that's what he does.

He is also a fan of picking up random items in the house and bringing them to us. He will smile broadly when he hears his "thank you!" And then he either wants the item back - so that he can give it back to us - or he will be off to find something else to bring.

My child apparently also has a foot fetish. He loves shoes, socks, feet, and mostly toes. He thinks they are the funniest thing. He will grab our toes so that we will say, "toesies, toesies!" and then he'll grab his own. He could laugh at this all day.

I cut his hair again two nights ago. DH wanted it shorter, so I cut it shorter. It's so sad. Not because it looks bad; it looks good. The problem is that he looks so old now. All his little curls made him look like he was still a baby and they were so cute! But DH was getting upset with all the, "SHE's so cute!" comments. He wanted it to be clear that he was a little boy. Now he looks like a little boy. A little toddler boy. And it's cute. Very cute. But I miss my little curly headed baby.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

He's getting so big! Isn't it fun to watch them learn all of these new things?! Need to see pics of the new do!

Michelle Lynn said...

I was going to say the exact same thing as Kelly did...