Monday, May 12, 2008

Handsome is a year old

Wow. It's been a long time since I have posted anything. My life has been crazy busy and I've been near depression. I'm struggling to make everything work together. I'm trying.

My parents came into town for Handsome's first birthday. I can't believe he's already a year old. He's grown so much. He is developmentally to the point where he likes to take things out of containers and put them back in, so I got him one of those shape games where he can put the shapes in the "cookie jar" and take them back out again. He LOVES it. He also got one of those old fashioned pushing toys that has the balls inside that pop when the wheels move. He loves the challenge of balancing while pulling or pushing that toy. My parents got him a sandbox which he will love once we finally set it up.

We went to the beach partly for his birthday and mostly to regain some of my sanity. It was great to get away but the trip was tainted with a message that I wouldn't get the promotion that I thought I would. Oh the stress that never goes away.

So now my baby is a toddler. He seems to always be happy. I love that about him.

For the past week or so he has been sleeping alot. Not sure if he is going through a growth spurt or whether it is from over-stimulation since we went to the beach and my parents were always around.

My husband's sister's son died on Tuesday. He had a seizure and was taken to the hospital, but didn't make it. He was three years old. I can't even imagine losing my son. And on the more selfish side of this, there is apparently a lot of people with seizures in DH's family, so now I'm terrified the Handsome will end up with seizures. Even DH said he had them as a child. Handsome's year check up is tomorrow, so I'm definitely going to ask about that.

3 comments:

Hf said...

Oh I am so sorry for your nephew. :hugs: to you and your family.

Wow he is a yr old! Crazy how time flies.

Kelly said...

Happy 1 Yr Handsome!!!

I'm so sorry about dh's sister's son :(

Michelle Lynn said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your nephew. I am glad that you got a reprieve and I hope it gives you the boost you so desperately need.