Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Toothbrush

Oh the teeth. Handsome hates having his teeth brushed. He loves to get toothpaste on the brush and then suck on the toothbrush, and he'll kinda move it around when I ask him to actually brush his teeth. But to brush to the point that he would end up with clean teeth? Not gonna happen. Then if DH or I take the brush and try to brush his teeth he cries like it's the end of the world. I have no idea why it's so tragic for him.

So what is my solution? I wimp out. Terrible, right? I tried to give the task to DH to do in the morning when I'm at work. Does DH do it? No. Do I then brush Handsome's teeth after I give him his bath at night? .... Well .... Sometimes. Once I start, I'll finish, but I tend to conveniently forget. I'm a terrible mother, I know.

He also seems to be in the middle of getting his molars. At least that doesn't seem to bother him.

1 comment:

Amy Anderson said...

Carter has gone through phases where he hates getting his teeth brushed also. Right now, he loves it. Next week, he'll hate it and run away screaming "No teeth! No teeth!"

I've gone way too long between brushings before. I feel your pain. At one point I had to wrestle him to the ground because his teeth were nasty and I just had to take care of it. I felt much better afterwards, but he gave me the stinkeye for the rest of the day. :-)