Tuesday, July 7, 2009

He sings!!

Every night I sing Twinkle Twinkle to Handsome. He sings with me but rarely gets the words in the right spot or the notes right. I think it's adorable though and we both laugh through the whole song.

Many nights before I start Handsome's bath and bedtime routine, we play La-La-Lullaby. It's on PBS Sprout:

http://www.sproutonline.com/sprout/videos/detail.aspx?program=pajanimals&subset=By_Show
(search for the La La Lullaby)

Sometimes he sits quietly and watches. Sometimes he runs around the room trying to get out the last of his energy. Many - most - times he looks at DH and I and makes sure that we are singing along, because, well, it's a requirement. It's one of the few times DH actually sings along to one of Handsome's songs and Handsome is well aware that this is his one opportunity for DH to sing for him.

So last night? Last night he sat between DH and I and sang the whole song with us!!!!!! He got almost every word in the refrain and was even getting the majority of the notes right!! He stared DH in the face for almost the entire song, seeming to make sure that they were both singing the song together. DH could barely compose himself enough to sing the song because he was so shocked that Handsome all of the sudden could sing the whole song and knew all the words. I was a little more prepared because of our nightly Twinkle routine, but DH had never heard Handsome sing quite like this. Honestly my mouth was just as wide in surprise, but Handsome wasn't staring at me so it was easier for me.

DH gave Handsome a huge hug afterwards and was so proud of him. He said he was going to call his father today to brag on Handsome. He declared that since this showed how grown up Handsome is, his father would reply with, "So when are you having the next one?" Great. No pressure. Really.

Handsome surprises me everyday.

No comments: