Thursday, May 27, 2010

Lows and Highs

I took Junior to the doctor for his rash on his face. The doctor said he had excema that was past the point of being treated just by moisturization and it had a bacterial infection. So he was prescribed hydrocortisone twice a day alternating with a anti-bacterial creme. I almost cried inthe doctor's office. I just felt like I must be doing something terribly wrong with Junior since he seems to be having so many struggles so early in his life. I just want my baby to be healthy n

The medicine has worked wonders in record time. His face has cleared up and is even becoming smooth and soft again. Not only has his face cleared up his stool has turned back into the normal infant yellow. Yay! He is actually sitting still and being happy at the same time. He never really had much happy awake time before. He's also starting to sleep in slightly longer intervals. It is such a relief to see all these signs that he is becoming a happy healthy child.

At the same time we got a surprise trip to the beach! We got a room at a discounted rate that we would never normally get so we packed our things and headed for the water. We have had an awesome time. Handsome has been so excited to play on the water and in the sand and Junior has been lulled to sleep by the ocean breeze and the sound of the waves. Not only have the kids been happy but DH and I have even gotten time to ourselves. We are here with some of DHs friends and they offered to babysit the kids and let us go on a date. Awesome. A Godsend. We went out to eat and I got a crabcake that was one of the best I've ever eaten. It was so good to eat out without having to keep track of any children. I'd forgotten what that felt like.

Everything is good.